30 Sep What is Property Management
What is Property Management?
What is property management? A question that comes to mind as a landlord. In simple terms, property management is the management of residential property. Typically it involves securing renters, collecting rents, maintaining the property and complying with laws and regulations. A good property management company will see to it that preventive maintenance is at the forefront of everything they do. That said, the exact responsibilities will vary based on the type of property being managed. In addition to this, how much they get paid and the terms of the management contract will have an impact on how much they do for you as a landlord. It really comes down to what you need. For this reason, it’s best to consider your needs first, then match your needs to the right property management company.
From understanding leasing procedures to screening tenants, there are a great deal of responsibilities, functions, and skills involved in property management.
Something to Think About
As a rental property owner your main objective should be turning your properties into lucrative investments. To do this, you’ll need a property management company that knows what they are doing. In fact, the right property manager can be your greatest asset in obtaining and maintaining this objective.
To make your life easier as a landlord, you want to make the right decisions. Whether that is how to automate collecting rent payments or how to handle the day to day management of your property. Because, what you do now, will have an impact on your success down the line. So, do you homework before you choose a property manager. With this in mind, we offer some insight on what a property manager does.
Here’s What Property Managers Do
- Assess: how much rent to charge and how long it will take to rent your home
- Inspect: make recommendations on how to get your property rent ready
- Market: list and effectively market your home to people looking for homes to rent
- Show: show vacant units to prospective tenants
- Screen: use a thorough screening process to find good tenants you can be confident in
- Sign: take care of the leasing paperwork for you & collect the security deposit
- Collect: collect the rent and deal with late rent payments (if any)
- Maintain: handle and perform all property maintenance including maintenance emergencies
- Repair: handle and perform all necessary rental property repairs
- Renewals: deal with the lease renewal process
- Move In & Move Out: keep the property in optimal condition by inspecting it each time a tenant moves in or moves out
- Eviction: take care of the difficult eviction process for you (if and when needed)
Property Management Company in San Diego
Whether you are looking to change property managers or simply want to hire a property management company for the very first time, we can help. We manage all types of residential properties including homes, condos, and multi-family properties such as duplex and triplexes, and even small apartment buildings. If you are interested in saving time, money, and the stress that comes along with managing your own rentals we have a management solution that is right for you. So, if you are looking for San Diego Property Management, call us today at (858) 576-2176.